Thursday, February 12, 2009

Problems with Roster Limit Checking

Doing the Week -8 transactions, I found a problem with checking roster limits. In checking the database, I look to see if you're adding players (and adding hitters over 250, pitchers over 250, etc.) plus if you're cutting players in any of those same categories.

Last spring, I had to make some changes to make sure I handled players on IR correctly and that was all fine, but I found out that in the off season - when a lot of you haven't yet put players into lineup slots, I was missing some cuts.

So, in the previous few weeks, it may have been possible that I disallowed a signing when in fact it should have been legal. I apologize for this - it's fixed now and I'll have to reevaluate when players on IR are involved later in the season - but at this stage there's no way I can go back and modify that.

No comments: