It never fails, despite the comments and warnings, I will still have someone try to sign 20+ players on his roster to multiyear contracts, or try to extend Albert Pujols for 5 years. But hopefully, if you're not sure what's really going on with contracts and you take a look at some of these pages, you can get a feel for what to do and what not to do.
- The BWB Rules page regarding multiyear contracts
- BWB Primer - Chapter 8 - on Multiyear Contracts
- A blog entry from February 2009 discussing contracts
- There are several points to consider on the Contract Extensions page as reached from the Transactions page on the web site.
There are also some basic notes on the contract extension form as found on the web site.
If you're still not completely sure how everything works, after you submit your extensions:
- Go back to the contract extension form and look in the last column (Contract Total). That will display how much cash you're going to have to spend on that player's contract if you keep it as is.
- On your team's Transaction Index, below your Adds/Drops for the week, if you've submitted extensions, it will indicate the total cash needed for those extensions.
- If after looking at these two pages, you realize that you don't have enough cash to cover the contracts (you pay the total IMMEDIATELY) or your badly calculated what it would cost you, you can go back to the form and modify or delete the contract.